Pages

Monday, 16 February 2015

I've become an over achiever
I never thought the day would come either!
I've read two books in february!
Two
And its only the 16th
So theres room for a third…

(i'm sure I can smell bacon cooking :S)

February 2.0 was Coraline by Neil Gaiman
My mum bought me this for my birthday and I was a bit reluctant cause I'm totally obsessed with the film and it changes it when you read the book after but I manned up and read it anyway
And believe me when I say I've never read a creepier book
It shocks me because its for kids
It freaked me out pretty bad
And I've been having some pretty fucked up dreams since I started reading it
What you need to know is that it isn't scary
It's just creepy
But is why I think they can get away with it for kids
But even the illustration are messed up
Dave McKean has done a good job and got it spot on for each chapter 
But they are freaky as balls

(And although this picture terrifies me, I really really want it on a tshirt. how cool would that be!)


Its very different to the film
But theres more little changes than huge massive ones
But obviously there are a few huge massive ones 
But now I've watched the film and read the book I'm at that tricky stage when you don't know which one you like most…
The film is the reason for my yellow rain coat and my blue and white stary bedding, laptop case and pencil case
But the book has scenes that weren't put into the film that maybe they should have been because that cellar scene is literally fucking horrifically terrifying
Chapter 9
Super Creepsville

I find it hard to explain because it isn't a scary book
When I was little
Probably too little
I read a book called The Demon Within by Dana Reed
And that book was a scary book
It stopped me from sleeping type of scary
And a couple of years ago I found it in the attic so I read it again
It still stopped me from sleeping
But Coraline isn't like that
It gets your mind thinking more than just out right scaring you

Anyway
Big fan
Gonna read the other stories in this book then read his 'The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains'(thank you abbie)
Taraaa

No comments:

Post a Comment