Pages

Thursday, 8 May 2014

Oooh would you look at that
BIPP has been entered.
I only entered the one image because I couldn't afford to print a million (5) off and mount them on that awkward sized foam board they are suddenly demanding.

What's that?
You don't know what I'm talking about?
Here, let me explain..

But first
Look what you find when you google
A couple of findings down you get
Aww look! Katrina representing the winners we've had during the BIPP student competition. That's nice 

'Student Success 

BIPP Student Competition of the Year 2012 - winner
BIPP Student Competition of the Year 2011 - winner 
BIPP Architectural Photographer of the Year 2011 - winner 
Nikon Foundation Competition 2011 - two finalists in Top 10 (out of 279)
BIPP National Student Portfolio of the Year 2010 - winner 
BIPP Commercial Photographer of the Year 2010 - winner
Epson International Photographic Pano Awards 2010 - finalist 
AoP Red Dot 2009 - winner 
BIPP Commercial Photographer of the Year 2009 - winner
Nikon Discovery Awards 2008 - winner 
Fujifilm Student Awards Penguin Book Cover 2008 - merit 
BIPP Portrait Photographer of the Year 2007 - winner 
Guardian Penguin Book National Competition 2006 - winner 
Travel Photographer of the Year 2005 – winner'

Look at all the success our college has had! Shame their names aren't on there, I'd have liked to have known.

The rules!
Because we are only entering the student competition we can enter up to 5 images which doesn't cost us a penny (except to print, mount, velco and paint which costs a pretty penny. You get all the expensive stuff out of the way and you think you're done but then it's all the little stuff that skints you blind!). 
The mounting rules are it has to be on a lightweight (like me ;)) board or card so foam board is what I'm using. The board has to be 20x16" and the image itself has to be at least 10" on one side.
"Images taken on external training courses, workshops or studio days are not allowed" so in other words it has to be your work. If any components were organised by another photographer such as locations and models then it cannot be submitted.
The deadlines 5pm on Friday the 9th of May. 

A new rule is that only 3rd years are allowed to enter the competition now. Last year all 3 photography years were allowed to enter but now because University of Huddersfield, Leeds College of Art and Bradford College are now associated with the BIPP it would take too long if we had 4 places of learning with al 3 years. 
Although the size of the print and mount has changed, everything else is pretty much the same.



Oh!
And we're holding the event at out college cause at a pub in the middle of nowhere wasn't really working out or up to our standards. It's too old mannish and if you want new young members and speakers you need to liven things up and keep it fresh. 

The image I'm entering is one I did for the major project as a test shoot that I actually realllllly like.
I was going to enter this one but it wasn't personal enough for me. There was no meaning what so ever and therefore it bores me. 


I hope I win. I'd get extra credit if I win ;) 
Need all the help I can get!


No comments:

Post a Comment