Pages

Friday, 2 May 2014

I did a shoot a while back for a make up artist that goes to Bradford College, I didn't know whether to bother including it in my work but it can't hurt can it?
I got told it was a theatrical shoot and I thought that I could maybe use this to my advantage.
Make up is a type of mask after all.
I get to the shoot, after this make up artist has messed me about for a couple of weeks, to learn that this shoot is actually a glamour shoot.
Now, let me tell you right now. I have never been more embarrassed in all my life. My lord.
So the make up artist is doing the hair and make up and I'm setting up trying to think of the best way to light for this type of shoot. 
I shot on a black background because thats what the make up artist said she wanted. She said, and I quote "A black background please because the model is wearing a red dress" 
Now I'm no expert but there actually has to be fabric to be a dress, not just netting and a bit of satin. 

I tried to make the best of a bad situation and asked the make up artist to direct the model as I obviously didn't have a clue what she was using these images for or what she was wanting
The make up artist just looked at me and was like, what do you mean?

Like pulling teeth.
I know now that what I should have done is tell her that it wasn't what i expected and i didn't have time to waste to shoot something I would get nothing from but I'm too nice and could never do such a thing.
If someone tried that again on me now I'd have no problem saying hell to the no.


Here's a few of the pieces.
Please note the face being a totally different colour to the rest of her and me having no clue how to fix this.
Saw more of this poor girl than I needed to.
Safe to say I'll stick to my masks, thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment