Pages

Thursday, 8 May 2014

As a part of this crazy big and scary module we have to get our work published in one of the following:
- An online library
- A contemporary photographic magazine
- A website (not your own or any other student) 
- An exhibition where the public can go and see

I'm going with the exhibition one
Every year the third year photography and fine art student all get the option to exhibit  their major project in free range on Brick Lane in LANDAN. We are responsible for prints, frames, artist statements, basically everything except finding the space. We are to make our own business cards if we want them and if we want to invite anyone then we've to create and print our own invite and send it out to the appropriate people. 

Sam, the superstar, found this thing at <www.source.ie> where you promote your BA and MA/MFA graduate work via the Source Magazine website.
It's £26 per student (need to add this to my cost analysis. Totes forgot about it) but lets you upload 5 images per student, we write our own artist statements, and include our contact details such as mobile numbers, emails and websites, but in my case I've put my blog on there.

The website has been up and running since 2007 and is all arranged by university course but you can also search the site by genre. Sam messaged us who are involved which genre we think our work fits into out of:
- Documentary/photojournalism
- Commercial/fashion
- Landscape
- Portraiture
- Staged/constructed
- Urban/suburban

It was a a bit tricky because I didn't know where I fit into this. I chose staged/constructed because I thought thats where I felt I was. I felt that was what I was making. I don't want my work to seem staged and forced so now I'm unsure aha. 







No comments:

Post a Comment